Applications Development Summer Intern
Inscripta | Industry | Pleasanton, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Inscripta has an opening for a full-time Applications Development Summer Intern located at our Pleasanton, CA office.
This paid internship will last a minimum of 10 weeks throughout the summer and will have full-time hours, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
The Applications Development Summer Intern will be responsible for applying novel synthetic biology tools and high-throughput methodologies for rapid phenotyping of microbes including yeast and E. coli. We are looking for talented candidates interested in spending the summer utilizing cutting edge genome engineering technologies and learning to use automation and high-throughput analytics to screen large libraries of genome edited cells.
• Use Inscripta’s Onyx® platform to build libraries of genome edited cells to support projects in the Applications Development team.
• Utilize high-throughput (HTP) screening equipment including automation and analytics to evaluate complex phenotypes.
• Execute on experiments supporting projects within Applications Development.
• Perform data analysis and generate presentation content.
• Present scientific results internally.
• Pursuing a B.S. in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, biochemical engineering, or equivalent entering junior or senior year in fall 2021 or recent graduate.
• Experience with molecular biology and working with microbes is desirable.
• Strong statistical analysis skills, problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
• Excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Eagerness to learn new skills and a good team player.
Inscripta offers a competitive hourly rate for interns. Join us for the summer and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located at our Pleasanton, CA office.