Department of Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering & Division of Biology and Biomedical Sciences, Washington University in St. Louis | Academic | St. Louis, MO | More →
We are seeking an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher to start Synthetic Biology projects in the Moon lab. For more information, please visit our website: https://sites.wustl.edu/moonlab/
1. Valorizing lignocelluose and plastic waste
2. Modulation of the gut microbiome by engineered probiotics
3. Unifying synthetic small regulatory RNAs
4. Development of kill-switches for biocontainment of genetically engineered microbes
5. Engineering smart probiotics for sensing and treatment
1. A recent Ph.D. degree (preferably within the past 3 years) in chemical engineering, bioengineering, chemistry, physics, microbiology, molecular biology, or related areas
2. Experience in molecular biology techniques is essential.
3. The Postdoctoral Researcher is required to work independently, supervise Ph.D. students, assists with grant preparation and reporting, and collaborates with other labs.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
5. The Postdoctoral Researcher should be highly motivated with the commitment to excel in the competitive research field of synthetic biology.
Applicants with prior experience in bacterial synthetic biology are desired.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Instructions for candidates
1. Please include the following in the application email: Cover letter, including research and career interests, and CV
2. Please send the application to: Tae Seok Moon, email@example.com