Scientific Project Manager
Inscripta | Industry | Boulder, CO or Pleasanton, CA or San Diego, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and T. Rowe Price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Scientific Project Manager located in Boulder, CO, Pleasanton, CA, or San Diego, CA.
We are looking for a self-driven and talented candidate to join our Program Management team to work with cross-functional, technical teams developing new products. Partnering closely with the project lead, this individual will make sure that priorities, risks, resources, and schedules are established, managed, and reported across the project.
• Serve as project manager for the development of instruments and consumables at the interface of biology, biochemistry, fluidic, electrical, and mechanical disciplines.
• With the technical lead of the project, help define and prioritize the team towards retiring technical risks and project goals.
• Work across commercial teams, technical teams, and executives to manage the project portfolio.
• Develop and track project plans, schedules, and risks across a multidisciplinary team and diversity of stakeholders.
• Identify and resolve issues with interdependent timelines, priorities, and resourcing.
• Present project and platform progress updates to leadership teams against project expectations.
• Drive improvements in Inscripta’s product development processes and practices to meet company needs.
• BS, MS, or PhD in biology, biochemistry, chemistry, genetics, or engineering.
• At least 6 years of experience in development of new instruments or consumables/reagents products in biotech or life sciences.
• At least 2 years in a project management role is required. PMP certification desired.
• Demonstrated abilities to organize, plan, prioritize, and track complex, multidisciplinary development projects required.
• Strong interdepartmental communication skills (oral, listening, written, presentation) are required
• Ability to be adaptable in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience taking at least 1 platform product combining electromechanical instrumentation, fluidics, and software through a product development process (concept through full-scale operation) desired.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder, CO, Pleasanton, CA, or San Diego, CA location.