Scientist, Enzyme Engineering
Inscripta | Industry | Pleasanton, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta is has an opening for a Scientist, Enzyme Engineering located in Pleasanton, CA.
As a Scientist in the Enzyme Engineering group, you will part of a diverse team focused on developing enzymes to advance Inscripta’s cell engineering platform. The ideal candidate will bring experience engineering enzymes for cellular applications, especially CRISPR genome editing. In this role, you will drive the development of innovative enzyme systems for Inscripta’s genome editing platform. You will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on experiments and work closely with a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Computer Scientists.
• Develop and execute assays to improve our understanding of enzyme function and focus enzyme improvement efforts.
• Use protein structure modeling or sequence homology to guide to the design of enzyme libraries.
• Build and execute high-throughput assays to measure genome editing performance for engineered enzymes in mammalian cells.
• Keep up with relevant literature and advances in the genome editing field.
• Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges required for program success.
• Communicate experimental results clearly within a multidisciplinary team to advance program objectives.
• Ph.D in bioengineering, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, or a related discipline.
• Track record of engineering or improving proteins using structural biology or directed evolution approaches in mammalian cells.
• Demonstrated ability to develop cellular and biochemical assays.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience analyzing complex data sets and developing actionable conclusions.
• Track record of creativity and problem solving.
• Deep understanding of genome editing systems and the characterization and engineering of novel CRISPR nucleases experience with protein structural modeling and visualization tools such as Swiss-model, Rosetta or PyMol.
• Experience analyzing large experimental data sets using scripting tools such as R, Matlab or Python to draw statistically significant conclusions.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton office.