Scientist / Senior Scientist
Inscripta, Inc. | Industry | Pleasanton, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and T Rowe Price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Systems Integration Scientist / Sr. Scientist located in our Pleasanton, CA office.
We are looking for an outstanding Scientist to drive CRISPR-based DNA editing projects on early-stage instrumentation through to commercialization. This individual will innovate in areas of assay development, process optimization, and hardware automation. Essential aspects of this position include: project leadership, design and execution of key experiments in team-based projects, and superior data communication skills. The right candidate will enthusiastically leverage their creativity and research experience to build an automated genetic-engineering platform in a fast-paced team environment of passionate scientists and engineers.
• Provide scientific leadership in a technical team that is building a high-throughput genetic-engineering platform (instrument, consumables, software).
• Execute complex, highly multiplexed experiments within a team.
• Develop robust system performance through elegant and automated workflows.
• Perform molecular biology techniques: PCR, genetic-engineering, and mammalian cell culture.
• Conduct detailed data analysis and provide recommendations based on technical results.
• Maintain detailed experimental records and contribute to writing and editing SOPs.
• Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors.
• Ph.D. in molecular biology, cellular biology, bioengineering, materials science, or a related discipline.
• Demonstrated record of innovation in molecular or cellular biology, including tools development. Preference given to experience with mammalian cells.
• Experience converting prototype devices into fully automated modules and instruments.
• Direct experience with molecular biology techniques such as: PCR, qPCR, nucleic acid purification, and/or genome editing.
• Familiarity with next generation sequencing, sequencing library preparation, and other genomic platforms.
• Desire to work in a team environment and collaborate closely with other cross-functional and geographically-distributed teams. Occasional US travel may be required.
• Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working across all stages of development (R&D through to commercialization).
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match, and an attractive equity program to all team members. Starting Salary Range: $90,000 to $140,000 per year. This salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton office.