Scientist/ Sr. Scientist, Applications Development
Inscripta | Industry | Boulder, CO | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist/Senior Scientist located in our Boulder, CO office.
As a member of the Applications Development team, the Scientist/Senior Scientist will be one of the first internal customers of OnyxTM – Inscripta’s Digital Genome Engineering platform, applying our massively parallel genome engineering capability to tackle cutting edge research projects in S. cerevisiae, E. coli and other microbes. They will conceive, plan, and execute large scale projects in diverse research areas including functional genomics, biochemistry, cell biology, experimental evolution, systems biology, etc., while communicating results with the broader scientific community through conferences, publications, seminars, etc. The Scientist/Senior Scientist will work closely with internal and external collaborators on cross-functional teams, communicating and collaborating effectively with scientists, engineers, data scientists, and software developers.
• Develop genome engineering applications in S. cerevisiae, E. coli, and other microbes which demonstrate the power of Inscripta’s technology across research areas.
• Work with collaborators in diverse academic fields to understand their research goals & experimental systems.
• Design and execute experiments across a wide range of projects; analyze and interpret large, diverse datasets.
• Publish scientific results and present data at conferences, seminars, etc.
• Leverage knowledge from Onxy-based research projects to provide scientific insight to customers and internal commercial team members.
• Provide feedback and voice of customer to guide the product development team.
• PhD in genetics, cell biology, microbiology, or related field is required. 3+ years post-PhD research experience is preferred.
• Strong molecular biology and microbiology techniques including PCR, cloning, transformation, and strain engineering in one or more microbial systems are required.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Strong skills in data analysis, visualization, and interpretation are required. Deeper knowledge in bioinformatics, statistics, and/or experience with one or more scripting languages (R, Python, etc.) is a plus.
• Research experience using S. cerevisiae and/or E. coli as a model organism is preferred. A broad understanding of microbial genetics and cell biology is a plus.
• Experience with NGS, highly multiplexed experimental techniques, and/or laboratory automation is preferred.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Boulder headquarters office.