Scientist/ Sr. Scientist, Applications Development
Inscripta | Industry | Pleasanton, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Sr. Scientist in the Applications Development Team located in Pleasanton, CA office.
The Applications Development Scientist/Sr. Scientist will be responsible for applying novel synthetic biology tools and high-throughput methodologies for rapid phenotyping of microbes including yeast and E. coli. The Scientist/Sr. Scientist will work collaboratively with internal and external development partners, designing and executing experimental plans with excellence, and communicating methods and results both within Inscripta and for customers, as well as to the broader scientific community. The ideal candidate will have in depth experience in the bio-industrial space and will contribute to the development of applications showcasing the use of Inscripta’s platform in this area.
• Help develop genome engineering applications in yeast, E. coli and related organisms which demonstrate the power of Inscripta’s technology in the industrial biotechnology space.
• Construct base strains and design and build genome edited libraries.
• Develop high-throughput (HTP) assays for evaluating complex phenotypes using diverse approaches.
• Work closely with software and automation engineers to develop a fully automated suite of tools for genome engineering.
• Design and execute experiments supporting internal and external projects.
• Perform data analysis and generate presentation content.
• Present scientific results internally and externally.
• Ph.D. in chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, or equivalent with 0-3+ years of additional research experience. Experience in industry is highly desirable.
• Experience with building strains for heterologous protein/pathway expression in yeast and E. coli.
• Experience in assay development for HTP enzyme/small-molecule/metabolomics approaches.
• Strong statistical analysis skills, problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively.
• Demonstrated independent thought and judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
• Excellent track-record of publications and/or other scientific achievements.
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, communication, and presentation skills.
• Experience with microbial micro-fermentations, lab automation.
• Experience with HTP analytical infrastructure such as UHPLC, QQQ/QTOF-MS, &/or RapidFire.
• Experience with molecular biology and microbiological techniques including PCR, cloning, transformation, and strain construction/engineering in multiple microbial systems.
• Experience with NGS.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Join us and work with a cutting-edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is at our Pleasanton office.