Inscripta | Industry | Pleasanton, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist located in Pleasanton, CA.
Inscripta is searching for a Scientist with expertise in mammalian cell management to join our product development team. The ideal candidate will have deep technical knowledge and hands on experience in the culturing, characterization, and manipulation of mammalian cells. In this role, they will work on a multi-disciplinary team to assess reagent and system performance of Inscripta’s digital genome engineering platforms, as well as be responsible for implementing methods to QC cell viability, health and other characteristics critical for the compatibility of our technology with customer applications. They will also thrive in a data-driven environment and work closely with a world class team of life scientists, engineers, and computational data scientists.
• Independently design, execute, and analyze experiments to assess performance of product-facing reagent chemistry.
• Optimize and deploy protocols for mammalian cell-based workflows.
• Develop assays to QC cell viability, health, and other critical product relevant cell characteristics.
• Implement and maintain human cell culture, characterization, and banking standards.
• Maintain policies and procedures related to biosafety.
• Effectively direct, organize, and manage workload to execute complex experiments according to an aggressive product development schedule.
• Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
• Ph.D in cell biology, immunology, biochemistry, developmental biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline.
• Demonstrated experience in the derivation, culture, and characterization of mammalian cells. Particular consideration will be given to candidates with demonstrated experience working with primary cells (e.g. human immune cells, human pluripotent stem cells, keratinocytes, hepatocytes, and/or neurons).
• Experience developing assays to characterize human cells, including multicolor flow cytometry and qPCR.
• Ability to work both independently, within matrixed project teams, and in a dynamic environment where priorities can shift with data-driven decisions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Track record of attention to detail and focus on standardization.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $90,000 to $100,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton office location.