Staff Scientist/ Senior Scientist
Inscripta | Industry | Pleasanton, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Staff/Senior Scientist located in Pleasanton, CA.
Inscripta is searching for a highly talented Staff/Senior Scientist to join our Biochemistry group. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in assay development, a strong analytical background in biochemistry, proficiency with a variety of molecular read-out tools, and the ability to design & execute complex experiments according to a project schedule. In this role, they will be a key member of our multi-disciplinary team and lead efforts to stand up assays to quantitatively assess system performance of Inscripta’s mammalian digital genome engineering platform. They will also thrive in a data-driven, dynamic environment and work closely with a world class team of life scientists, engineers, and computational data scientists.
• Lead the design and development of custom assays aimed at reagent and edit detection.
• Lead the design and verification of custom assays to quantify the presence, function, and/or kinetics of biomolecules and complexes formed from them (e.g. protein/DNA complexes), in vivo or ex vivo, to enable metrics-driven read-outs of system performance.
• Leverage both computational and empirical methods for experiment design and data analysis.
• Verify assay performance using statistically rigorous experimental design with appropriate selection of sample preparation and measurement controls to establish assay sensitivity and precision.
• Collaborate with life scientists, engineers and computational data scientists to define and develop measurement tool specifications, metrics and data analysis methods.
• Effectively direct, organize, and manage workload to execute complex experiments according to an aggressive product development schedule.
• Present clear and concise written and oral communications to colleagues and supervisors, participate in technical meetings, and provide recommendations based on technical results.
• Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or a related discipline
• A minimum of 2 years of experience developing robust biochemical, biophysical, and/or biomolecular assays. For the Staff Scientist level, candidates would need to have at least six years of relevant experience. Salary will be based on experience.
• Proficiency in a breadth of biochemistry/molecular biology techniques – including DNA/RNA purification, protein purification, ddPCR/qPCR, RT-qPCR, Sanger/NGS sequencing, primer/probe design, and protein labeling techniques (e.g. immunohistochemistry).
• Ability to work both independently, within matrixed project teams, and in a dynamic environment where priorities can shift with data-driven decisions.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Exceptional data analysis skills combined with strong analytical thinking.
• Track record of creativity and problem-solving.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match and an attractive equity program to all team members. Base Salary Range: $110,000 to $150,000 per year. Base salary range provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton office location.