Systems Integration Summer Intern
Inscripta, Inc. | Industry | Pleasanton, CA | More →
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, will offer a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s goal is to empower scientists whose gene editing research is stifled by current technical and licensing limitations. By providing this unique platform and engaging in collaborative business practices, such as making its MAD7 CRISPR nuclease free for research purposes, the company enables scientists to realize a new era of biological discovery. Due to rapid growth Inscripta has an opening for a Systems Integration Summer Intern located at our Pleasanton, CA office.
This paid internship will last a minimum of 10 weeks throughout the summer and will have full-time hours, 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
The Systems Integration team is part of R&D and works on testing and troubleshooting new instruments and automating CRISPR editing workflows.
This position is hands on, lab bench oriented and will provide the applicant many opportunities to learn new and standard molecular and cell biology lab techniques. In addition, the applicant will learn how to operate and troubleshoot our gene editing instruments. We are looking for exceptional candidates with a passion for science, problem solving, and contributing to the development of new technologies and products.
The candidate will contribute to the following projects and efforts in the Systems Integration team:
• Developing next generation, high throughput, CRISPR editing workflows on our instruments. This would involve iPSC cell culture, cell processing, and testing/developing fluidic devices on Inscripta instruments.
• Creating new SOPs or other protocols for calibrating and/or operating Inscripta instruments.
• Regular lab maintenance and setting up CRISPR editing runs on our instruments.
• Contribute to data analysis efforts of instrument data and present work at regular team meetings.
• Open to M.S., PhD or Bachelor’s students pursuing a degree in biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, chemistry, or related field.
• Experience with basic lab techniques including pipetting, aseptic technique, mammalian cell culture, and basic lab equipment.
• Experience with data collection and data analysis. Experience with data analysis software such as Matlab or JMP is a plus.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint or similar programs.
• Detail oriented, with a commitment to keep thorough accurate lab records.
Inscripta offers a competitive hourly rate for interns. Join us and work with a great team of people developing the world’s first scalable platform for benchtop Digital Genome Engineering. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton, CA office.