[VIRTUAL] Writing Workshop: An EBRC Roadmap for Materials Engineering
Participation in this virtual workshop is by invitation only. Please contact [email protected] for more information.
As a follow-up to EBRC’s 2019 roadmap Engineering Biology, we are developing a technical research roadmap for materials from engineering biology, to be published in Summer 2020, focusing on technologies related to:
- The structure and functionality of biological and inorganic materials,
- Production of novel and defined biopolymers,
- Engineering cells and consortia to produce challenging natural materials and compounds, and
- Tools and technologies for the production of living materials that incorporate cells to sustain active and responsive behaviors.
The roadmap will also address applying these technologies, with broad implications for industry, agriculture, medicine, and other biotechnology sectors.
This writing workshop will be a critical opportunity to create the goals, objectives, and milestones of a roadmap for materials from engineering biology, and to articulate the impact of engineering biology applied to novel materials. Workshop activities are expected to include:
- Plenary discussions addressing scope, high-level goals and challenges, and appropriateness of milestones;
- Breakout groups to draft and revise content specific to technical themes and/or application spaces; and
- Plenary and breakout group review of material.