Postdoc for Synthetic Biology (multiple positions open)
The Moon lab
The Moon lab (Washington University in St. Louis) has multiple open positions (postdocs) for synthetic biology research:
1. Tunable therapeutic modulation of the gut microbiome by engineered probiotics
2. Unifying synthetic small regulatory RNAs
3. Systems Engineering of Rhodococcus opacus to Enable Production of Drop-in Fuels from Lignocellulose
Instructions for candidates
To apply for this position, follow the direction below.
1. Please include the following in the application email: Cover letter, including research and career interests CV Preprints of publications (if listed on your CV, but not yet available)
2. Please send the application to: Tae Seok Moon, [email protected]
Department Name/Job Location
This position is in the Department of Energy, Environmental and Chemical Engineering (the Danforth Campus in the School of Engineering & Applied Science, Washington University in St. Louis).
We are seeking an enthusiastic Postdoctoral Researcher to start Synthetic Biology projects in the Moon lab. We aim to engineer microbes for addressing energy, environmental, and health issues. Specifically, we are interested in developing synthetic biology tools, constructing genetic circuits, and engineering regulatory RNAs in diverse bacteria. For more information, please visit our website: http://moon.eece.wustl.edu/
1. A recent PhD degree (within past 2 years) in chemical engineering, bioengineering, chemistry, physics, microbiology, molecular biology, or related areas
2. Experience in molecular biology techniques is essential.
3. The Postdoctoral Researcher is required to work independently, supervise PhD students, assists with grant preparation and reporting, and collaborate with other labs.
4. Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
5. The Postdoctoral Researcher should be highly motivated with the commitment to excel in the competitive research field of synthetic biology.
Applicants with prior experience in bacterial synthetic biology are desired.
The hiring range for this position is commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for full-time benefits.
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.