Scientist/ Senior Scientist
Inscripta was founded in 2015 and recently launched the world’s first benchtop Digital Genome Engineering platform. The company is growing aggressively, investing in its leadership, team, and technology with a recent $150mm financing round led by Fidelity and TRowe price. The company’s advanced CRISPR-based platform, consisting of an instrument, reagents, and software, offers a fully automated workflow that enables multiplexed, trackable editing of cells at an unprecedented scale. Inscripta’s mission is to enable scientists to realize the full potential of biology. Due to rapid growth and recent commercialization, Inscripta has an opening for a Scientist/Senior Scientist in the Enzyme Engineering group located Pleasanton, CA.
As a Scientist/Senior Scientist in the Enzyme Engineering group, you will part of a diverse team focused on developing enzymes to advance Inscripta’s cell engineering platform. The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in developing or improving genome editing tools. You will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on experiments and work closely with a world class team of Engineers, Biologists, and Computer Scientists.
• Work on rapidly prototyping and improving CRISPR-based genome editing systems in mammalian cell culture.
• Develop cell-based and in vitro assays for enzyme improvement efforts.
• Leverage high-throughput molecular biology to build large sets of DNA reagents for testing in cell culture.
• Keep up with relevant literature and advances in the genome editing field.
• Identify innovative solutions to solve key scientific challenges required for program success.
• Communicate experimental results clearly within a multidisciplinary team to advance program objectives.
• Ph.D in bioengineering, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, or a related discipline.
• Hands-on experience developing and optimizing genome editing systems.
• Experience desiging and executing high-throughput cloning workflows to build reagents (eg. Gibson cloning, Golden Gate, etc.).
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Experience analyzing complex data sets and developing actionable conclusions.
• Track record of creativity and problem solving.
• Hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture.
• Experience analyzing large experimental data sets using scripting tools such as R, Matlab or Python to draw statistically significant conclusions.
Inscripta offers a competitive base salary, bonus plan, benefits package, 401k match, and an attractive equity program to all team members. Starting Salary Range: $100,000 to $150,000 per year. This salary range is provided per current averages and expectations. The salary and job title for this opening will be based on the selected candidate’s qualifications and experience and may be outside this range. Join us and work with a cutting edge organization creating cutting edge technology. At Inscripta, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our innovation, and our community. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace because the more inclusive we are as a company, the better our work will be. Inscripta is headquartered in Boulder, CO with offices in Pleasanton and San Diego, CA. This position is located in our Pleasanton office.